Central to the mission of Lighthouse Child & Family Development Center is our family centered approach.
Lighthouse supports families by:
- Providing dedicated family support staff who meet with families on a regular basis
- Assisting families in goal setting and goal achievement
- Hosting regular parent education events
- Providing access to community resources
- Requiring parent involvement in the childcare center
Lighthouse uses the research-based Strengthening Families Assessment as a guide to our work with families. This family-centered approach includes empowering and engaging parents in their child’s education and supporting families in achieving their goals and dreams. This investment in families not only increases the success of the child’s education but is an investment in the future of our community.
The development of our families cannot occur without their active participation. Because of this, families of our program are required to:
- Provide a stable and loving home environment for child(ren)
- Commit twelve hours of volunteer service in the childcare center per year
- Openly communicate and collaborate with staff to set and reach family goals
- Participate in eight family education opportunities annually